23 September 2008

Life Began and I Turned 40

So much hoopla has been made by almost everyone I know about turning 40. Big deal. Not much difference, really.

Okay, so maybe I'm not yet experiencing that mid-life crisis people talk about. Or maybe I've already been through it. Really, I think it's a matter of attitude, perspective, and faith. A lot of faith. That all is according to God's plan and that I should simply use my freedom to choose what do with my life with responsibility.

Anyway, I have to admit I looked forward to my 40th birthday starting a couple of years ago, thinking of possible ways to celebrate, including planning a big celebration. When D Day was near, I backed out, but still wanted a celebration, albeit a smaller one. One that I would enjoy and not be reckless of.

The day went by fast but productively. Bacon and eggs for breakfast courtesy of my husband and kids; Mass intended for me at my daughter's school, attended by my whole family; pizza (one of my favorite food in the world) for lunch; work; a couple of hours at the salon (my treat to myself); back to work; and coffee and dessert with hubby and our closest friends at La Marea. All in all it was a really good day.

I've been contradicting since that day that the saying "Life Begins at 40" doesn't apply to me, because life already began and I just turned 40. But if there is any truth that adage, then bring it on. I'm ready for life.

3 comments:

kiel estrella said...

you turned 40! and i missed it... so sorry. i always thought it would be october. again i switched yours and arnold. damn. old habits die hard.

cherry said...

hahaha! yup. so they do. =) pascual just arrived from washington last weekend. he's in manila, in case you feel like harrassing him. hehehe...

[G] said...

belated sister!

sorry and i missed it too.

meanwhile, i'm turning 40 soon.

naku, welcome to the club na tayo!